Parent and Alumni Leadership Council
The Parent and Alumni Leadership Council (PALC) will provide advice to the DC Public Charter School Board regarding its policies related to public charter schools. The PALC acts as a liaison between DC PCSB and parents of public charter school students and graduates of public charter schools.
The duties of PALC members will include:
• Meet regularly with DC PCSB.
• Represent DC PCSB at ANC and community meeting/events.
• Actively participate in ward education meetings.
• Foster relationships with parents, ANC, DC councilmembers, and key community stakeholders.
• Provide recommendations and input on DC PCSB’s policies, new charter school applications, and other initiatives.
We're also seeking new members of the Parent and Alumni Leadership Council
The ideal candidate displays leadership, is passionate about school choice and active in the community, and wants an opportunity to be involved with the District’s educational system. PALC members are DC residents, represent the geographical diversity of the city, are able to volunteer four to five hours a month, and attend monthly PALC meetings.
For more information or to apply, submit a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Parent and Alumni Leadership Council Members