Notice of Petition to Open New Public Charter Schools
The District of Columbia Public Charter School Board (DC PCSB) announces an opportunity for the public to submit comments on the following proposed new public charter school. Read the applications below.
|The Adult Career Technical Education PCS (TACTE)||Our mission is to provide students the opportunity to acquire good quality, affordable, academic, technical, and social skills, which will prepare them for successful career employment. We also teach the necessity for life-long learning to meet the needs of the District of Columbia and the changing society at-large.||9-12, Adult|
|Citizens of the World||The mission of CWCDC is to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and demonstrating understanding while building connections within a diverse community.||PK3-5|
|CyberTech High School||CyberTech Public Charter High School will provide its scholars with a rigorous, college preparatory 21st century learning experience centered on providing occupational and informational access to the information technology field.||9-12|
|Digital Pioneers||The mission of Digital Pioneers Academy (DPA) is to develop the next generation of innovators. We prepare students to meet or exceed the highest academic standards, while cultivating the strength of character necessary to both graduate from four-year colleges and persist in 21st century careers.||6-8|
|The Family Place||The mission of The Family Place Public Charter School (TFPPCS) is to improve the literacy and workplace skills of low-income limited English proficient adults in the District so that they and their family are self- sustaining, employable and engaged in their community.||Adult|
|North Star||The mission of the North Star College Preparatory Academy for Boys is to create a boy-friendly pedagogy-informed academic environment within which young men are equipped with the academic skills, social competencies, and personal development necessary to navigate life challenges, attend and complete the college of their choice, and return to become the premier agents of social change within and for the communities they serve.||4-8|
|Washington School of the Arts and Academics||Washington School of Arts and Academics will provide a holistic education to Washington, D.C. students in a supportive, inclusive community, through an engaging educational program, to prepare individuals for success in life.||9-12|
All of the applications are available below or here.
- Comments must be submitted on or before May 2, 2017.
- The public hearing for North Star and Washington School of the Arts and Academics will be held on April 24, 2017 at 6:30 pm. Check out our website for the exact location.
- The public hearing for The Adult Career Technical Education PCS (TACTE), Citizens of the World, CyberTech High School, Digital Pioneers, and The Family Place will be held on May 1, 2017 at 5:30 pm at Friendship PCS Armstrong.
- Vote will be held on May 22, 2017, at 6:30 pm at Mundo Verde PCS.
You may submit comments, identified by “[Applicant Name] - Notice of Petition to Open a New Public Charter School,” by any of the following methods:
(a) E-mail*: email@example.com
(b) Postal mail*: Attn: Public Comment, DC Public Charter School Board, 3333 14th ST. NW., Suite 210, Washington, DC 20010
(c) Hand Delivery/Courier*: Same as postal address.
- Sign up to testify in-person at the public hearing on April 24, 2017, by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 20, 2017.
- Sign up to testify in-person at the public hearing on May 1, 2017 by emailing a request to email@example.com by no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, April 27, 2017.
*Please select only one of the actions listed above.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jiselle O’Neal, Executive Team Coordinator at (202) 328-2660; email: firstname.lastname@example.org