Notice of New Policy: School Transparency Policy - Reopened for Public Comment
The District of Columbia Public Charter School Board (DC PCSB) announces an opportunity for the public to submit comment on the revised School Transparency Policy. This policy describes the documents DC PCSB will require schools to post on their websites beginning in school year 2019-20. The policy was first opened for public comment in December and based on the high volume of public comment, has since been revised; therefore, we are reopening the policy for public comment and will have a second public hearing.
The following documents are now included in the policy: charter school board of trustees meeting calendar (including notation on which meetings are open to the public); high school course offerings and graduation requirements; school calendar; student handbook; at-risk funding plans; annual report; student application and lottery procedures of schools not participating in My School DC; student enrollment forms; board meeting minutes; employee handbook; school budgets; Form 990s; salaries of the five highest-compensated individuals; contact information of the Title IX coordinator, McKinney-Vento Homeless coordinator, Special Education point of contact; and names of all school board members.
- Comments must be submitted on or before February 25, 2019.
- Public hearing will be held on February 25, 2019, at 6:30 pm. For location, please check www.dcpcsb.org.
- Vote will be held on March 18, 2019 at 6:30 pm. For location, please check www.dcpcsb.org.
ADDRESSES: You may submit comments, identified by “School Transparency Policy” by any of the following methods:
1. Submit a written comment via:
(a) E-mail*: firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Postal mail*: Attn: Public Comment, DC Public Charter School Board, 3333 14th ST. NW., Suite 210, Washington, DC 20010
(c) Hand Delivery/Courier*: Same as postal address above
2. Sign up to testify in-person at the public hearing on February 25, 2019, by emailing a request to email@example.com by no later than 4 p.m. on February 21, 2019.