Metro Station Shutdowns: July 21- September 3rd
Families need to plan ahead for a major disruption on the WMATA subway train system.
The Red Line will be shut down between NoMa-Gallaudet U and Fort Totten from Saturday, July 21 through Monday, September 3, 2018. Free shuttle buses will replace trains between Fort Totten, Brookland-CUA, Rhode Island Ave and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations. Check the metrobus alternatives, shuttle routes, and the list of DC Public Charter Schools that will be directly impacted.
- There will be no Red Line service between NoMa-Gallaudet U and Fort Totten.
- Red Line trains will run in two segments: Shady Grove - NoMa-Gallaudet U and Glenmont – Fort Totten •Brookland-CUA and Rhode Island Ave stations will be closed.
- Free shuttle buses will replace trains between Fort Totten, Brookland-CUA, Rhode Island Ave and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations.
- The weekend of July 28-29, the shutdown will extend to Takoma.
- Allow extra travel time and expect crowding on all trains due to much less frequent rush hour Red Line service.
- Consider using multiple alternatives to determine the best travel option.
- For more information on alternative travel options, go to wmata.com and godcgo.com.
- If you have questions or need assistance call Metro Customer Service at 202-637-7000.
- Sign up for MetroAlerts at wmata.com/metroalerts to receive updated information about this and other service disruptions by text or email.