2014 Education Innovations Fellows Announced
Congratulations to the 2014 Class of Education Innovation Fellows, sponsored by CityBridge Foundation and New Schools Venture Fund. The year-long Fellowship, in its second year, will introduce fellows to many the nation’s most promising and effective practices in blended learning, along with the education leaders who run them, through site visits around the country and organized events in DC. It also provides fellows with the opportunity to create and run summer pilot programs in their own schools.
The 2014 Fellows include teachers from DC Public Schools and the following DC public charter school educators:
- Eric Collazo – Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy;
- Jamel Daugherty – Washington Latin PCS;
- Adam Hill – Ingenuity Prep PCS;
- Joshua Johnson - Center City PCS - Brightwood;
- Eric Jones – E.L. Haynes PCS;
- Connie Parham – E.L. Haynes PCS; and,
- Kent Strader – DC Prep - Benning Elementary.
The fellowship program’s inaugural year included teachers from DC Prep PCS, E.L. Haynes PCS, Ingenuity Prep, KIPP DC: KEY Academy PCS, PCS, Roots PCS, Thurgood Marshall Academy PCS.
Congratulations to the fellows, and we look forward to seeing how they apply what they learn to advance education here in Washington, DC.
Don Soifer is a board member of the DC Public Charter School Board (DC PCSB).